The Future of Innovation In the EU Media Sector – A round table discussion with media Experts and Managers
Register here for this online round-table discussion that will bring together media experts and managers, top academics, policy makers and media professionals from all over Europe, to discuss types of innovation and the ways these are reshaping the European Union’ media sector.
The event will open with the following keynote speeches (10:05 – 10:25 CEST):
- Anna Herold (Head of Unit, Audiovisual and Media Services Policy, European Commission Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology)
- Bart Becks (Executive Chairman EURACTIV Media Network)
The round-table discussion will take place on Zoom, and will include the following two panels:
Panel 1: Innovation in the media sector: examples from radio, news and broadcasting (10:25 – 11:25 CEST)
- Radio & Podcast innovation in the European media.
Simon Delaere (HRadio, iMec-SMIT, Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Broadcasting innovation in the European media.
- More content, more service – but what about quality?: Automated news generation in sports reporting.
Jessica Kunert (Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Journalism and Communication Studies, University of Hamburg)
Panel 2: Keys to succeeding through media innovation? (11:40 – 12:40 CEST)
- In the problem-solving business: The formula for change and how media organizations can apply it.
Alexandra Borchardt (Media Adviser and Journalist, Professor for Media Transformation, Universität der Künste, Berlin)
- Change management & skills: juniors and seniors.
Christophe Leclercq (Chairman Europe’s MediaLab – Fondation EURACTIV)
- Bringing innovation mindset into media companies.
Jean-Pierre Besnard (Program Manager, Ouest-France OFF7, accelerator of groupe Ouest-France)
Each panel foresees a 30-minute discussion with the participants.To register for “The Future of Innovation In the EU Media Sector”, please fill in the registration form.